Saturday, July 4, 2009

Why I love America

Here are the top 10 reasons why I love America.

10. In Thailand we have no snow or ice. In America I have an 80-year-old neighbor named Larry who gets up early when it snows so he can shovel my walk. Larry has never charged me for this. Larry even shovels my walk before he does his. Larry says I work too much and he doesn't want me to slip and break my leg. Larry is a big part of why I love America.

9. In Thailand my friends kept telling me I was gaining weight. Larry's wife keeps telling me I need to gain weight. I like Larry and his wife a lot.

8. America has better Italian restaurants than Thailand.

7. In Thailand I was told I needed to learn to cook to get a husband. In America I got to earn degrees in Business Administration and Nursing. And I still get to cook!

6. In America I can dress up like Uncle Sam for the 4th of July. In Thailand they arrest you if you dress up like the King.

5. In Thailand there are countless great Thai restaurants. In America, not so many and that's good for my business.

4. The United States is not next to Burma. You don't know how lucky you are!

3. There is no Mall of Thailand.

2. In America, I learned how to blog. None of my friends in Thailand had heard of blogs before I started Anna's True Thai News!

And the #1 reason why Anna loves America? Because in Thailand I would not get to celebrate the 4th of July!