Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lose weight the Thai way!

Everyone knows about Jared Fogel, the guy who lost 245 lbs. by eating Subway sandwiches. Not so many people seem to know that Jared also did a lot of walking!

As a nurse I know that exercise is the most important part of any diet plan. Even though I eat mostly Thai food (which is much much healthier than Subway sandwiches) and was physically active, I was still overweight.

Then last November I started working out with Carla at Los Campeones Gym just a block east of True Thai. I have lost 33 lbs. since then even though I’m eating as much food as before.

Here is your True Thai diet:
Eat whatever you like on our menu except the Sebastian Joe’s ice cream! No pop unless it’s diet pop. That’s it!

That and after you’re done eating you have to walk east to the Mississippi River, cross the bridge and then walk back. It’s a very nice walk and the Mississippi River is lovely no matter what time of year it is.
P.S. And a special thanks to the True Thai chefs for helping me to watch my portions! Are True Thai entrees too big? Not if you ask for a takeout box!